Tofu Noodle Salad
Ok so maybe there’s a better name for these than tofu noodles but I swear that’s what they are and that’s what I always called them. They look like noodles and they’re made of soy. This tofu noodle salad is inspired by the flavors of a similar dish from Mr. Porridge — one of hometown favorites for their sweet potato congee and assorted liangbancai, or Chinese cold dishes + salads.
- ~250g sliced tofu (this was half the bag for the one I use)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Julienned carrots + celery (I used ~3/4 a stalk of celery and 1/2 a medium carrot)
- Optional: cilantro
- Blanch the tofu by bringing a pot of water to boil and adding the tofu noodles in for a minute. Remove and drain in cold water.
- Mix together sauces, white pepper, sugar, salt, and garlic
- Toss tofu noodles with the sauce mixture and julienned vegetables. Let marinate in fridge for 30 minutes or even overnight