Kimchi Zucchini Pancakes
This brainchild came about one day when I bought a sh*ttn of zucchini to make zoodles, and then my sister (whom I live with) informed me that she doesn’t like zoodles ? It’s a great way to trick your spouse, child, sibling into getting their vegetables in.
Ingredients (makes ~10-12 small pancakes):
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely grated, liquid squeezed out
- 1 cup kimchi, roughly chopped
- 1 scallion, greens thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 spoonfuls of kimchi juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Dipping sauce: soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, toasted sesame seeds to taste
- Mix everything together to form the batter. If the batter looks a little dry at first, let it sit for about a minute. The residual water in the zucchini will come out and help make the batter more wet. If it still looks dry, add more water.
- Heat up oil over medium heat, pan-fry both sides until golden brown. Approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Drain on a piece of paper towel, and serve with dipping sauce.