I had a mochi muffin for the first time a few weeks ago and learned that they’re actually very similar to the nian gao dessert (sticky rice cake) that my mom would make. Given that it’s the season for all things ~pumpkin~ I decided to play around with a pumpkin mochi muffin, and truly I am in luv.
- 2 cups glutinous rice flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice blend (I got mine from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz)
- 1/2 can condensed milk (7 oz)
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 2 eggs
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth, ~5 minutes
- Distribute evenly into a greased 12-muffin tin and garnish with sesame seeds or pumpkin seeds
- Bake at 350°F until a toothpick comes out clean ~45-50 minutes. Cool and enjoy!