Party Gyoza (Crispy Skirt Dumplings)
Someone on TikTok commented on my video saying that this restaurant in Japan called dumplings with crispy skirts party gyoza and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. Party gyoza ftw.
This is an easy trick to make your frozen dumplings a little fancy and get extra crisp!! You can also use straight up flour or cornstarch but I like the texture of using a mixture of both the best.
Slurry for 1 batch:
- 1/2 tsp AP flour
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat up oil in medium-high heat
- Add in the dumplings and cook until golden-brown the bottom
- Stir the slurry and pour it in, then close the lid
- Cook until dumpling skins look translucent, most of the water should have evaporated at this point as well ~8-10 minutes
- Open lid and cook off any remaining water ~2-3 minutes. Once they turn a golden brown and the edges of the wings start to crisp/flare up, place a plate on top and flip them over