Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Dumplings
What do I do when I’m craving a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich but don’t have brioche buns? Make dumplings, of course.
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked, and cut into bits
- 4 eggs, seasoned with salt and pepper, scrambled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ~15-20 dumpling skins
- Optional: greens from 1 scallion
- To dip: sriracha and ketchup
- Mix bacon, egg, cheese, and scallions (if using) together, breaking the eggs into smaller bits. Fold into dumpling skins.
- Pan fry these so you get a nice and crispy bottom. My method: heat up oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add dumplings to the skillet and fry until the bottoms turn a golden brown. Add 1/3 cup of water and cover and steam for ~5 minutes. Remove lid and cook until water completely evaporates and allow it to fry for another 1-2 minutes to crisp the bottoms up fully again.